Quote of the day

"You cannot hold on to anything good. You must be continually giving - and getting. You cannot hold on to your seed. You must sow it - and reap anew. You cannot hold on to riches. You must use them and get other riches in return."

-Robert Collier

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A Recipe for Disaster


9/18/2012

Authors Note: Weddings are suppose to be one of the best things in life, but not for this bride... Alcohol and salty water don't mix well, and it will make a recipe for disaster.

Jamaica... What a great place to have a wedding. I thought as the waitress came over with our pea soup.
"Okay everyone!" My dad, the photographer, yelled out to the wedding party gathered at the table. "We need a sunset shot down on the beach. When I say 'GO', then everyone should start heading down there to get the perfect shot." I looked around at the friends and family of the bride and groom, noticing how drunk they looked. This might not turn out so well... I thought, hoping I was wrong, because this is suppose to be their dream wedding! I started eating my pea soup; which was actually black bean soup, trying to get the subject out of my head.

A few minutes later my dad got out of his chair and said " GO!" loud enough for the wedding party to hear. I got up, wanting to get my feet in the salty water. Seconds passed and heavy, drunken footsteps told me that they were on their way down the steps as I reached the sand. I soon dashed into the water, trying very hard to not get my dress wet. Standing in the water, I turned around to see my mom holding in to a reflector, trying so hard not to blown away. Giggling, I fled out of the water to go help her. The wedding party and my dad where already down as soon as I grabbed the silver reflector.
"Okay... I need everyone to stand here so then I can get the perfect shots." my dad smiled, hopping that they heard him. Soon everyone was gathered right on the edge of the water and my dad started shooting. "Hay, I think we are missing someone." I turned around to see one of the brides maids limping towards us. I couldn't quite see what happened to her but I was pretty sure she fell.
"I'm here!" she yelled and ran into the water. "I just have to clean my cut off in the water." I looked at her in surprise. Wouldn't that hert A LOT! She has a big gash in her leg and she in prancing around in the Caribbean like it's no big deal! After she cleaned her leg, she went over to stand next to everyone.

Minutes passed and some of the grooms men were asking my dad if they could dunk the Groom in the water. "Um... I need him dry for some more pictures. But when I'm done you can do it if it is okay with him." They nodded, knowing that he was right. Snap, snap, snap, snap.
"Did you get the photo?" Bubba, one of the brides maids, asks my dad with a strange smile on her face.
"Um... ya," My dad replied, not ketching on to what she ment by 'Did you get the photo?'.  Then Bubba started running towards the Bride and Groom. Everyone thought that she was going for the Groom, but in a split second, Bubba turned towards the Bride!!!
"NO!" My dad started to yell, but it was too late. The bride was now all the way under the water, wedding dress and everything. My dad knew that he couldn't do anything, so he just started snapping pictures. Everyone was in shock to see what Bubba just did.  Soon as the Bride got out of the water, the first thing she said was "That was not cool..."
Bubba was confused. "Fine!" she yelled and dunked herself under the water, trying to make it all better.

About three hours later, when they finally got to cut the cake, the Bride and Bubba still weren't talking to each other.I'm pretty sure that they will never speak to each other again... I thought knowing that a long friendship was now broken. I don't want this to happen to me and my friends when I get older... So I won't drink so then my friends will always be my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment