Quote of the day

"You cannot hold on to anything good. You must be continually giving - and getting. You cannot hold on to your seed. You must sow it - and reap anew. You cannot hold on to riches. You must use them and get other riches in return."

-Robert Collier

Monday, October 29, 2012

The United States is a Country To Be Proud of


October 21st, 2011

Author's Note: Have you ever wondered if you were proud of your country or not? Well, I have. In this paper I will show you that the U.S. is the country to be proud of.

The stadium turned silent as everyone placed their hands over their hearts as a singer stepped up to the microphone. I looked up at the red, white, and blue flag as the singer started to sing the words to a song that everyone knows. The Star Spangled Banner. Pride swept through everyone, but my eyes strayed away from the flag as I looked at the other team with their hands over their hearts. The United States is a country to be proud of.
           
War, what is the point? It seems like we just throw ourselves out there and risk our lives, but there is a reason for why we do it. The person next to me was a veteran with his green uniform on. He didn’t just go for anything. I thought as I examined his badges. He went to fight for his country! Us Americans, we have freedom because we fought for it. Then a thought appeared in my mind, yesterday’s parade.

The thought of the parade started to make me think. Why do we have parades? Some people might think that it is just a waste of candy and money, but kids think that it is fun. There has to be a meaning to all of this madness. In my mind I could see all of the children’s happy faces as a float went by, showering candy on everyone. There were veterans in the crowd and veterans in some of the floats. They seemed happy. Wait, I know! In the United States, we have parades so then we can remember that our soldiers are fighting for us right now and that to remind us to support them. A proud feeling washed into me as a player scored a goal and everyone jumped up and started cheering.

Our country is strong and proud, people should appreciate it. That is why the country that people should be proud of is…the Untied States.

No comments:

Post a Comment