Quote of the day

"You cannot hold on to anything good. You must be continually giving - and getting. You cannot hold on to your seed. You must sow it - and reap anew. You cannot hold on to riches. You must use them and get other riches in return."

-Robert Collier

Monday, October 29, 2012

School Of Horror


05/14/2012

Author's Note: In this writing circles piece, I wrote about school and how hard it feels to go into Middle School.You will learn that when you think something will be bad... it really isn’t.

    BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! I shot up out of bed, like I was ready to run for my life. I turned my head to the alarm clock and turned it off. It was the first day of school, and I felt like I was going to explode!!! This was my first day of middle school! All new teachers and everything!
    “Hey Holly! Are you up yet?!” My mother yelled from the kitchen. “The bus will be here in like about 25 minutes!” I quickly jumped out of my bed like a maniac and dashed for my closet. I opened it without thinking and boxes came tumbling down on my like an avalanche. We had just moved about a week ago and I haven’t had time to unpack all of my things.
    “Are you okay?!?!” My mom yells. I don’t answer as I work my way through the boxes. Finally I found the box labeled ‘SCHOOL’.
    I finally decided to answer her now that I have found what I was looking for. “I was just looking for my school uniform!” I yelled down to her. She didn’t reply, but I could hear her plush slippers shuffling into the livingroom.
    After I got dressed, I looked over at my clock and I knew I had a little time to talk to my friends and to get all of my nerves out. I grabbed my phone from off of my desk and tapped on my friends name.

    New Message
Me:
‘OMG!!! I am SO freaked out right now!’
Lizzy:
‘I know! I don’t wana go to school... I hope you have a fun time...’
Me:
‘I’m not too sure I will have a fun time... I don’t even know anyone!’
Lizzy:
‘Oh... don’t u worry. I’m sure u will make some new friends! Gotta go! C U SOON! <3’


    I let my phone slide out of my hand and on to my bed. A good time? How can I have a good time? I asked myself.
    “Where are you!?!?!” my mom yelled. Now it sounded like she was getting bad. “The bus will be here any minute!” I quickly dashed down the stairs and snached my breakfast from the counter.
    “Bye Mom!” I yelled as I ran out the door. I paused for a second outside the bus doors, just thinking to myself...

Welcome To A School Of horror...

No comments:

Post a Comment