Quote of the day

"You cannot hold on to anything good. You must be continually giving - and getting. You cannot hold on to your seed. You must sow it - and reap anew. You cannot hold on to riches. You must use them and get other riches in return."

-Robert Collier

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Yuki... the Trouble Maker


05/15/2012

Author’s Note: Have you ever had a kitten before? Well, let me tell you this... they are A LOT of work. In this short story, you will learn that sometimes when you think that something is good... it really isn’t. Just like Yuki thought that Scully was her playmate.

    Young eyes flicker open to a wonderful, safe world. I glanced around at my surroundings, looking for my playmate.
    “YUKI!” a squeal came from behind me. My head turns around to see one of my humans. Her paws stroke my fur so I immediately start purring. Soon her paws reach under my belly and I am lifted up into the air.
    “Grace! Please set her down!” one of the other humans hiss. The human named Grace sets me down and slowly walks away. I stand up and follow her, hoping to find my playmate. As I trot down the stairs, I see the old black and white cat walking into the food room (kitchen). Without her seeing me, I sneak up behind her.
    “Yuki...,” a strict voice mews from one of the humans. I stop for a second and keep up with stalking my playmate. When I get close enough, I reach out a little paw and tap her tail. My playmate; Scully, whips around and slaps me on the top of my head. I take that as a challenge to play fight so I strike again soon as she turns around. In a few seconds, she is meowing and hissing at me, so I do a playful hiss in return. I am soon on my back with my belly in the air, because Scully is starting to hit me a little harder. Before she should strike me again, I roll away and take shelter under the couch. Scully follows me for a second, but then she turns around and goes back into the food room (kitchen). I dash out from under the couch, but Scully is nowhere to be seen. I give up and head for the window to go play with the fleas ,butterflies, wasps, and birds. As I looked outside, I just kept thinking about my birth place. I remembered the coldness of the farm and all of the dangers. I also remember my mother. I haven’t seen her in about a month. I wonder if she even remembers me? She has to. Soon my thoughts are disrupted by a passing bird.

No comments:

Post a Comment