Quote of the day

"You cannot hold on to anything good. You must be continually giving - and getting. You cannot hold on to your seed. You must sow it - and reap anew. You cannot hold on to riches. You must use them and get other riches in return."

-Robert Collier

Monday, October 29, 2012

The Christmas Cat


January 5th, 2012

Author's Note: Have you ever thought about what it would be like to be a Christmas Present? People might think that it will be wonderful, but at first it really isn't. Yuki knows exactly how that feels, but Christmas was one of the best things that will ever happen to  a toy. 

           Peering through the hole in the box, a white stuffed kitten looked at The Factory she was leaving.
            “Coco, were do you think we’re going?” I asked with worry. 
Coco, a creamy brown cat looked around nervously. “Can’t you tell?!” she hollered pointing her tail at a huge strange box thing outside. I couldn’t read that well but on the huge box I read ‘Hallmark’. “Fluff! They are going to shred us into bits!!!” Coco screeched. I tried to ignore Coco’s hollering as the humans slipped us into the huge box. I closed my eyes and tried to make this dream disappear.
I opened my eyes to see a bright light just like the one at The Factory! Leaping onto my plush paws I strayed to run but only to be stopped by the box wall.
“Coco! Were are we?!” I screeched.
“Um... Hallmark,” Coco murmured. So it wasn’t a dream at all! The humans carried us into the ‘Hallmark’ place and we were set down on the floor with many other boxes. It was hard to tell what was in them though.
“I don’t want to die!!!” hissed Coco. I just rolled my eyes and started to claw at the box, trying to escape from this place and go back to The Factory.
“What are you doing?” Coco asked. “Remember, we don’t have claws. We are plush cats.” I just ignored Coco and kept clawing with my invisible claws.
“I put them over here Jim,” a voice said. Quickly I froze, looking like a normal plush cat. I could see from inside the box a knife starting to slice through the tape that held us in.
“I’ll take these inside,” the man called Jim said to the other human as he took us into a different room. This room was much warmer than the ‘Box’ room. There was so many different things in this ‘Hallmark’ place. Soon Coco and I were set down on a shelf next to some other plush animals. They looked nice enough to live with, but I still missed The Factory.
“Yuck!” Coco mumbled, rubbing her paw on her nose. “That human’s hands smelled horrible!” It was silent for a moment before anyone spoke.
“Welcome to Tourcher,” a hideous voice hissed. “Only lucky ones ever leave.” I stood on the edge of the shelf and looked up towards the noise. Right above me stood a Webkinz Fox. He looked nice and cute, but he didn’t sound nice at all.
“Um... I thought this place was called ‘Hallmark’?” I said stubbornly. The fox let out a loud hiss and bounded down beside me without trouble.
“Hay everyone! We have some new comers!” the fox growled to the other plush animals. Me and Coco looked at each other terrified.
“Leave them alone!” a fawn hollered in the crowd. “We shouldn’t scare them. They might have to stay here for a wile.”
The fox almost hit her with a blow to the face as he let out his anger. “I have been here for about 3 months! Some of us have been here longer! No one wants plush animals anymore it seams.”
I looked at him in disbelief. “Well, when I first saw you I thought that you would be a good friend for a little girl or boy.” I knew that he didn’t listen to me and I decided to lay down and go to sleep.
***
    Bring!
    “Welcome! May I help you find anything today?” a charming voice said to a customer. I lifted my head to see a human walk into the ‘Hallmark’ place.
    “Coco...,” I hissed quietly. Soon Coco was alert and saw the human too. One look and we knew what to do.
    “Oh, I’m looking for a purple watch,” the customer explained. My heart sank as they walked the opposite way.
    I guess I will have to get used to this. I thought as I watched the customer leave the story with her item.
    “Hay Milly! Do you want to play find the costumer again?” I asked a black cat who was sitting next to me. She nodded and we started our made up game that we have been playing for about a week now.
    “Um... Can you find the costumer with the blue miss-shaped box?” Milly asked. I nodded, accepting the challenge. I started scanning the room and soon saw a lady with a blue purse over by the card section. I didn’t get why she wanted to be over there because the cards are so rude and annoying.
    “Found her! Oh, and the miss-shaped box she has is called a purse,” I proclaimed smiling.
    “Let’s check over by the stuffed animal section,” a blond woman said. It was hard not to notice her because of her bright red coat she had on.
    “Milly, we have company!” I whispered as I froze into a normal plush cat.
    “Mom, I think that one of these cats will work,” the younger girl said pointing our way. My heart was leaping for joy as she picked Coco, Milly, and me up.
    “How about the white one. It looks just like the kitten at the farm that we all want,” the bright red coat woman told the younger girl. As the bright red coated woman said that my happiness started to fade. I realized that I wouldn’t be able to live with my friends.
    “Bye!” I murmured to them sadly as the humans took me to the counter.
    I could hear screeches of delight through this new dark box that I was now in. I waited and waited for what seamed like hours until my box was lifted up into the air.
    “Merry Christmas Grace!” a girl said as my box started to be torn into shreds.
    “Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” the youngest girl screeched as she hugged my tight. “I think I will name her Yuki! After the kitty at the farm!”
    Yuki... I thought as the girl kept saying my name. Yuki... I have a name!! Now every night I sleep with the little girl hoping and dreaming that my friends have found a new home, … just like mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment